Note: The 2020 competition was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
View a more detailed analysis by country and U.S. State.
Breweries from 15 countries received awards in 2018
Average number of beers entered per category: 82 (up from 69 in 2016)
Four most-entered categories in 2018:
- 377 entries in Category 93, American-Style India Pale Ale
- 196 entries in Category 94, Imperial India Pale Ale
- 196 entries in Category 28, Wood- and Barrel-Aged Strong Beer
- 190 entries in Category 29, Wood- and Barrel-Aged Strong Stout
In 2018, 295 judges came from 33 countries
- Seventy-two percent (72%) of the judges came from outside the United States. Twenty-eight
percent (28%) of the judges came from the U.S.