Online registration opens October 31, 2017.
In preparation for registering, we encourage you to download the 2018 World Beer Cup Brewers Guide for Entering.
2018 World Beer Cup Registration
Step 1: Brewery Registration: October 31 – November 14, 2017
- Breweries apply online to participate at WorldBeerCup.org
- A $180 application fee is due by credit card at this time
- This application fee will cover the cost of your first beer entry fee
- Beers will be registered at a later date
Step 2: Beer Registration: November 28 – December 8, 2017
- Registered brewers will receive an email with instructions on how many beers they may register*
- Breweries will register their beers online and select the appropriate categories in which their beers will compete. Each brand may only be entered once. No beer may be entered in multiple categories.
*In 2016, 1,907 breweries entered 6,596 beers in the competition. A maximum of 8,400 beers can be judged at the 2018 competition. The maximum number of beer entries per brewery will be determined by dividing 8,400 by the number of breweries that enter.
In the unlikely event that 2,250+ breweries enter the competition prior to the deadline, the brewery registration window will close prior to November 14, 2017.
Please Note: Brewery and Beer Registration are available online only. No paper applications sent by mail or fax will be accepted. Please use this booklet as a reference guide to register your brewery for the World Beer Cup.
Translated Beer Registration Forms
Only to be used as a guide.
All registrations must be completed through the online registration system.
- Chris Williams, Event Manager
After the Brewery Registration and Beer Registration Process
January 17, 2018 – Participating breweries will be sent a confirmation detailing their entries.
January 15 – February 16, 2018 – Breweries will review and confirm that all beer and brewery information is accurate.
February 16 – Last chance to make any changes to a brewery’s competition entry. Deadline for refunds for any cancelled entries.
If inventory remains for a specific category, a brewery may change a beer at this time.
After the confirmation process, shipping information for sending judging samples will be provided.
Judging samples must arrive Denver, Colorado in the United States between March 19 – 23, 2018.