2010 Post-Event Publicity Rules and Use of the World Beer Cup® Logo
Award-winning brewing companies are encouraged to use their World Beer Cup awards in public relations and advertising campaigns. Each award-winning brewing company planning to make any reference to the World Beer Cup in any promotion will be required to sign a licensing agreement with the World Beer Cup, which was a part of the registration process. The guidelines for using the World Beer Cup mark are outlined in the Post Event Publicity Rules below.
To preserve the integrity of the World Beer Cup and the credibility of its results for all those concerned, reference to World Beer Cup awards are governed by these rules:
- Always have your artwork pre-approved by the Brewers Association. Allow 21 business days for submissions. A submission is not deemed to be submitted until it has been acknowledged in writing or/and by e-mail and assigned a submission number. Requests for approval can be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
- Nancy Johnson
- Event Director
- Brewers Association
- 736 Pearl Street
- Boulder, CO 80302
- Fax: +1.303.447.2825
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In all cases, reference to an award must include a mention of the category in which the award was received. Category must be referenced in a font size equal to the size used to reference the award. See #6.
- In all cases, reference to an award must specify the type of award received (i.e., gold or first place; silver or second place; bronze or third place). Type of award must be referenced in a font size equal to the size used to reference the award. See #6.
- In all cases, reference to an award must include a mention of the year it was received. The year must be referenced in a font size equal to the size used to reference the award. See #6.
- In all cases, reference to an award must include the name of the beer exactly as entered in the World Beer Cup for the year in which the award was received. See #6.
- All of the above required items must be in a font size large enough to be read in the format in which they are presented. Use the artwork provided by the Brewers Association and choose the highest resolution appropriate for your use.
- Print: The font size requirement is 2.5 mm or larger for printed material.
- Billboards: The font size is 12 inches or larger.
- Web: The font size is 80 pixels or larger.
- Television: The point size required is 30 points or larger. All required elements must be seen on screen.The World Beer Cup mark shall be presented in English language. Additional statements in other languages may be made, if the statements do not conflict with, or are contradictory to, the requirements of this subpart.
- Always use the ® when using the World Beer Cup mark (words and design). It is a registered trademark of the Brewers Association.
- Promotions or any other mentions of the World Beer Cup and World Beer Cup awards may not mention other brewing companies nor the name of any judge or judges serving as a part of the World Beer Cup judging or evaluation. Ads that make reference to other brewing companies either by name or by reference will not receive approval.
- The World Beer Cup mark includes the words and design elements and should appear exactly as it appears on the art supplied by the Brewers Association. The mark may not be changed in any manner. The standard license signed by winning breweries includes permission to use the World Beer Cup mark only in pre-approved advertising/promotions (print/web, etc.) The standard license does not grant permission to use the GABF mark on any merchandise promoting the win (shirts, hats, glassware, etc.), Individual arrangements can be made for non standard uses.
- These rules do not waive any right to trademark or copyright material of the World Beer Cup®. The World Beer Cup logo, copyright, or trademark material may be used only with written permission of the World Beer Cup.
- Failure of any brewing company, or of any person acting on a brewing company’s behalf or at a brewing company’s direction, to comply with these rules may result in suspension from participation in the World Beer Cup for a duration to be determined at the absolute discretion of the World Beer Cup Rules Committee. In no event shall a suspension be terminated while a brewing company remains in violation.
Email email@example.com with any questions about the agreement or our advertising. Thank you for your participation in the World Beer Cup and congratulations.